Installing problems...

evo_supra 20:32 06 May 04

I recently installed Windows 2000 on one hard drive 1.2GB and use my second hard drive for files and softwares etc. Problem is after installing Windows 2000 on my 1.2GB it leaves around 60mb left, so when i install a software like Flash MX a warning message pops up telling me theres no space on my C:\ forcing me to close. Thing is, i dont want to install in C:\ but on my D:\ drive instead, is there any way around this?

LastChip 20:42 06 May 04

Normally, when you try and install an application (program), it asks you where to install the files.

When you see the default path, change the C: to D:, and the program will install on your D: drive. If the appropriate directories do not exist, most programs will offer to create them for you, so this does not become a problem.

Just be aware, there are a few programs that are designed or insist on being on your C: drive, and there is little you can do to change this behavior, as it's programed into the setup files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…