installing printer/scanner/copier to laptop

crespo 00:54 29 Nov 05

Help! I'm trying to hook up a Hewlett-Packard printer/scanner/copier to my H-P laptop.I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing & the instructions might as well be double dutch - i don't understand one word! As a total novice & technophobe, can someone guide me through the process from connection to actual printing from the web? Many thanks!

Smegs 01:08 29 Nov 05

click here Have a read here.

First of all, connect the printer to the Laptop. It should pick it up. Insert the driver Cd into the CD drive. The CD drive should spin up it's self, but if it doesn't Double click the CD drive Icon. Then you should get a choice of printers to install. Click the one that applies to your Printer. This will put the driver's on that will make you printer work.

Not sure if there will be other software on the CD, for Photocopying etc.

As for printing from the Net, when you have found something you want to print, just press the printer button that is at the top of the window, on the BACK, FORWARD, DELTE, REFRESH line. If it's not there, you will need to goto that line, right click, you should get another window open, Customize. Find the printer icon, and add it to the bar.

mgmcc 07:39 29 Nov 05

There should have been a "quick setup poster" included with the P/S/C.

With my HP PSC, it was necessary to install software from the CD *BEFORE* plugging it into a USB port. Part way through the installation, you will be prompted either to plug in the PSC so that it is recognised and the drivers installed, or to continue with the software installation without the PSC. If you continue without plugging it in, the drivers will be installed the first time you do connect it.

While the software is loading, you need to remove the PSC's packaging, if applicable attach the "front panel overlay" (a little plastic strip with the details for the buttons), install the two ink cartridges, insert paper, switch on and perform the cartridge alignment test.

Then, when prompted, plug the PSC into the PC for the software installation to complete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…