Installing a printer twice on the same PC?

cornflakes 19:41 06 May 09

Does anyone know how to install the same printer twice?
I would ideally like to install Primo PDF twice (on each) of my Win XP & Vista PCs and so be able to use different security settings without having to keep changing the default settings. If that's not possible, can anyone recommend a free second PDF printer that does not embed adverts or watermarks etc........Thank you for reading this post

Stuartli 20:10 06 May 09
  Technotiger 20:17 06 May 09

You have double-posted on same subject, I suggest you tick the other past as Resolved so as to avoid confusion.

click here

cornflakes 20:48 06 May 09

I have withdrawn the original post as you suggested. Thank you for your response.
Yes I did post the question twice as having posted the first time I realised that specifying Primo PDF in the title or question bar might mislead people and not solicit a response from people who might have an answer to the question of installing a printer twice.

Still hoping for an answer!!!

cornflakes 20:55 06 May 09

I had a look at Foxit editor as you suggest, but it appears to only be able to edit an EXISTING PDF and I am looking for a PDF printer / creator.
I already use Foxit Reader...Far better than any other PDF readers I have seen! Many thanks for your help.....I will keep trying and post anything I can come up with here.Thanks again

wiz-king 21:28 06 May 09

Try click here free with only one popup or paid for with none!

Sea Urchin 00:24 07 May 09

I always use PDF ReDirect v2 - the free version. It has the advantage of being able to create a PDF file from almost any type of file

click here

Stuartli 00:31 07 May 09

I also use Foxit Reader - the company's products are excellent.

See:

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

Not sure if these are the type of software you want.

cornflakes 09:57 07 May 09

Thank you everyone!!!

Quite a lot of interesting stuff to look at. I will look at them all and see what fits my requirements. I will post the results of my deliberations (just in case anyone is interested).

I did quite a bit of research before trying the "Helproom" and lots of PDF printers add adverts, watermarks etc and some even substitute the fonts you used in your original documents, (why would anyone put up with that?). I have used Primo PDF for some years now and it does NON of these stupid things and its free, so I am looking for something that is as good, if that's possible!

I found a program last night, BullzipPDFPrinter, I have no idea if its any good but I will look at it AND all the others you have suggested. In the mean time, a BIG thank you to you all for your help and advice...........Hope I can return the favour sometime.............Cornflakes

cornflakes 16:15 07 May 09

Well, after a lot of research and trying all the different programs you have all suggested, I now have solution which resolves the problem!

First of all, please let me say a BIG "THANK YOU" to you all for the help and suggestions!!! I did try all the programs! I have "Norton Go-Back" installed on my XP machine and was able to turn the PC back in time after I tried each program. I find it very useful as it avoids unnecessary registry entries which are often left behind after un-installing software / hardware.

I eventually decided on "PDF reDirect" as suggested by Sea Urchin. It's a Freeware program with a VERY easy graphic user interface which even allows you to preview the PDF by clicking on a large thumbnail in the GUI and it does provide the facility to password protect your files should you wish. You can specify the destination (Save to) folder via the GUI, its Windows Explorer look makes it a really simple process!!!

Another quite useful feature is the ability to merge multiple documents / files into one PDF document. Again easily done via the GUI

The program renders the PDF very quickly, even with large files, considerably quicker than my trusted PrimoPDF, and installation took only a few seconds.

Follow this link for the Free download; click here

Again many thanks to you all for all your help.......Cornflakes

PS Thanks Sea Urchin, I had not found this program even after hours of looking around the internet.

Sea Urchin 18:57 07 May 09

Glad you like the PDF ReDirect - I've always found it very useful, and in addition to the points you make there are no pop ups or watermarks etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…