Installing a new version of a pre-installed prog?

Chris Webster 16:37 04 Jun 05

Hi,
Just wondering what's the best way to install a newer version of a programme that came pre-installed on my laptop, Win XP Home (sp2)

Sonic Record Now! (a limited feature version) came pre-installed and i've now bought Record Now! Deluxe on cd-rom.

Is it best to uninstall the older version through Add/Remove progs, then run my Reg Cleaner, then install the new version or just install the new version over the top of the old one?

Thanks, Chris.

SANTOS7 16:39 04 Jun 05

I think a clean install is best to avoid any possible software conflict..

Stuartli 18:27 04 Jun 05

It depends on the program involved - some require a clean install, some will uninstall the earlier version if you wish first or may merely update the present version.

If the program is not listed in Add/Remove Programs it will probably/may have its own uninstaller (most likely found through Start>Programs>Program Name>menu

Chris Webster 22:25 04 Jun 05

Thanks for the info.

Old version uninstalled via Add/Remove, new version installed and up and running.

Thanks again, Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…