installing new software

picklesy 06:48 27 Jun 03

please help i am new to computing,when i try to install a new programe from cd i have to go through control panel then add new programe.how do i get it to run and install in auto.any help.jojo

Valvegrid 06:58 27 Jun 03

You can set the CD to autorun, but what Operating system are you using? I'm using Windows 98, so I'll be able to tell you how to set it in 98.

Paul.

What is the operating system that you are using?

The CD's should automatically be detected by Windows and start the Auto Run sequence which will install them for you, asking for details as required.

To run them afterwards, you would go to "Start" then "Programs" and click on the Icon in the list.

Sorry if that sounds basic, but if this is not your problem and you are simply wanting the CD to Auto Run then post back your Op Sys and we will make sure Auto Detect is set.

picklesy 07:09 27 Jun 03

i am running windows xp.i am still learning basics.

picklesy 07:51 27 Jun 03

i don,t think auto detect is turned on,and i dont know how to.grateful for any help.

Valvegrid 08:15 27 Jun 03

I'm not sure if it's the same as Win 98, but the settings for the CD ROM are in the control panel and in system, then device manager. I'm sure a XP expert will be able to tell you when they see the posting at the top.

Paul.

-pops- 08:45 27 Jun 03

Open "My Computer" (double click the icon on your desk top) and RIGHT click on your CD drive that appears in the list. Click on "Properties" then on "Auto Play". From there you should be able to select the actions you want the drive to do when disks are inserted.

Hope this works for you.

Brian

picklesy 09:10 27 Jun 03

sorry didn,t work will still not auto detect cd thanks anyway.

Gongoozler 06:44 28 Jun 03

Hi picklesy. Does this happen with any cd that you want to autorun, or is it just one particular cd. For a cd to autorun on insertion it has to have a valid autorun.inf file, so if you are only having this problem with one cd, this file may be missing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…