Installing new printer

robocop 17:26 20 Sep 07

My friend has tried to install a new printer on XP home, But a box pops up saying that another installation is being installed and to finish installing this first, but she is not installing anything else, system restore did not make any difference, any ideas please.

Eric10 17:53 20 Sep 07

Have you run the setup program from the printer CD BEFORE connecting the printer? The installation software will usually tell you when to connect the printer.

robocop 17:57 20 Sep 07

Thanks Eric, No, but when the printer is plugged in, the new hardware wizard does not appear.

Technotiger 19:07 20 Sep 07

Install software, attach printer when prompted by software, then re-start PC. PC should then recognise printer and auto-install with the software.

Clapton is God 19:09 20 Sep 07

Did she uninstall the old printer first?

"but when the printer is plugged in, the new hardware wizard does not appear"
I think you'll find that Eric10 was referring to the installation CD which came with the printer, not to the install new hardware wizard.

robocop 19:17 20 Sep 07

Thanks Technotiger, The software would not install, as the computer thinks something else is installing and says finish installing other software first before installing more software, but there is not any software installing, so how do I cancel this GHOST install, so I can install the printer software?

Clapton, thanks, I understand what Eric meant, but neither will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…