Installing new OS

patchiesdad 10:38 21 Oct 03

is it possible to install another version of windows on a computer running win95 using the windows disk I received with another machine, and if so, how do I go about it? Or will I need to purchase an upgrade? I have an oldish HP Vectra which I would like to upgrade, but it is running win 95. There are 2 partitions on the hard disk 1.99Gb each. I have formatted the one without the OS on using windows explorer. Can I go any further without buying an upgrade disk? It might seem a bit tight fisted, but I have this disk here with a perfectly good OS on it, and a legitimat product key. If I can use that, it would be a few more pence towards memory upgrade costs at least! Or am I suggesting something illegal?
thanks.

recap 10:48 21 Oct 03

patchiesdad, if the Program is OEM then no, the program is registered to one machine and one machine only.

keith-236785 10:53 21 Oct 03

if you bought and paid for it and it isnt on another machine then go ahead and install it, one licence for one machine is what its all about.

if you have already installed it on another pc then the answer is no.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…