Installing new Norton Internet Security

Pineman100 15:45 05 Oct 06

I'm just coming to the end of my year's subscription for Norton Internet Security 2005.

Symantec wanted £29.95 for another 12 months of virus definitions, whereas PC World sold me a new NIS 2006 for £24.95!

As this is a new pack, not an upgrade, before I install the new NIS, do I have to uninstall the old? I can't find any way of closing NIS in order to uninstall it. I can "disable" it - is that the same thing?

Any advice would be very welcome, thanks.

sunny staines 15:52 05 Oct 06

i would unistall from the control panel in wondows, then reboot before loading nis2006.

RobCharles1981 15:54 05 Oct 06

Why do you bother buying Norton for its a waste of money and its rubbish!!

Settle for AVG Free or Zone Alarm all at click here

Most of us will agree on this.

Totally-braindead 15:57 05 Oct 06

Rob_24_Wales I do agree however I would like to point out that Pineman100 has already bought it so theres no point tell him not to after the fact.
Pineman I would delete the old version first but I'm not a expert on Norton.

Technotiger 16:02 05 Oct 06

Hi, I am not an expert on Norton (or anything else for that matter), but I would try installing the New over the Old - if it is necessary to do otherwise, I am sure that you will be told so during the new install.

Cheers.

TIMBO22 16:11 05 Oct 06

Pineman
Symantic have a programme to remove Norton products. Find it here: click here

I had similar query to you and after removal using this the new stuff went on OK
Regards

Pineman100 16:20 05 Oct 06

...to everyone for your thoughts on this.

Timbo22 - that's the perfect solution. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…