Installing new motherboard

reddwarfcrew 19:19 27 Aug 04

I'm about to build a new pc, but have a question about installing the mobo in the case.

The mobo is a Asus A7V8X-X SKT A KT400 8x AGP DDR Sound lAN USB 2.0 Retail Box
and the case is JNC 5JA 60 Case with 400W PSU in Blue

Can I just srew the mobo in, or do I need to sit it on some risers so that it isn't actually touching the case? Neither the case nor mobo came with anything other than screws.

spuds 19:25 27 Aug 04

If this is your first build, then these may help click here click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:27 27 Aug 04

I would expect it to be mounted on risers, otherwise the underside of the board would be shorted on the case. Are the risers already built onto the board?

Try your local computer shop for a pack of risers/screws.

reddwarfcrew 19:48 27 Aug 04

without sounding thick, how tall are these risers and what would it look like on the back of the mobo.

reddwarfcrew 19:54 27 Aug 04

I assume the brass stand offs is all I need.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:03 27 Aug 04

yes thats all you need plus the screws of course

Quiller. 20:04 27 Aug 04

I have the same board. Pop the motherboard in first and note the corresponding holes that match the board. Take the board out and screw the brass risers in. Slip the board back in and insert the retaining screws. then just connect ever thing up.

The board should come with a spare back plate, slip the old one out of the case and insert the new one. It is made for the ports on the back of the motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…