Installing a new modem (Router)

Sparkly 14:26 23 Jul 06

Hi guys i have been using the internet with BT Yahoo, i am connected to the web via a speedtouch adsl usb modem.BT have just sent me a new modem a Voyager 220V wired modem as a free upgrade could you tell me is it best to first uninstall the speedtouch modem and the bt connection software before i install the new software that came with the new modem incase there is a conflict or do you think it will sort itself out during the installation.
Thanks

ade.h 14:41 23 Jul 06

Is this actually just a modem, not a router? Routers do not install and do not use software of any kind. Some routers are supplied with a CD-based setup wizard, which some people misconstrue as installation software.
If this device *is* a router, then you just plug it in and access its config via its IP address.

Sparkly 15:10 23 Jul 06

Hi ade.h on the box it says BT Voyager 220V Router the paperwork/manual that came with it tells me
Please do not connect any of the voyagers cables untill prompted by the installation CD Rom. That was what i was trying to get my head around (whether i should i uninstall the original modem and software first.)

ed-0 15:21 23 Jul 06

The 220v is a 1 Port ADSL Modem Router
(Non-Wi-Fi enabled).

I'm fairly sure it's no. Just run the cdrom and follow the on screen instructions. click here

If I am wrong and it doesn't work. Just do a system restore and un-install the original software.

Sparkly 16:12 23 Jul 06

Thanks for your input guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…