Installing New Modem

Henmin 18:37 16 Feb 05

Hi There,

I'm not sure how to go about uninstalling the old Modem and Installing the New Modem.

Do I have to Uninstall the Old Modem first then take it out of the case? And then put the New Modem into the PCI Slot and them install the New Modem and its Drivers?

Thenks

henmin

Maccyroo 18:40 16 Feb 05

Henmin

That is the way i would do it. Make sure you have a CD with the new modem drivers or else connect to the internet on your old modem before you uninstall it an download drivers for your new modem from the manufacturers website and store on your hard disc.

maccyroo

FelixTCat 18:42 16 Feb 05

Sounds good. Check the new modem's instructions. Sometimes you have to install the drivers first, then the hardware. Sometimes you have to cancel out of the Found New Hardware wizard and then install the modem software afterwards.

Henmin 18:56 16 Feb 05

Maccyroo/FelixTCat,

Thank you very much indeed. Now I can go into it with Confidence.

Henmin

FelixTCat 19:00 16 Feb 05

You're welcome. Give Confidence our regards :)

Henmin 19:13 16 Feb 05

FelixTCat,

I'm singing - Have confidence, have confidence, have confidence in me ...

I going to install the new modem now, so see you later and let you know how I did. Fingers Crossed!

Henmin

Henmin 22:19 16 Feb 05

Hi Maccyroo & FelixTCat,

THANKS!

I've done it, I've done it, I've done it!

However, the new Modem is very much noisier.

Henmin

FelixTCat 00:27 17 Feb 05

You're welcome. You're right about the modem - I can hear it from here.

the kopite 06:36 17 Feb 05

Hey Guys great post problem solved and humour too well done felix enjoyed it kopite

Henmin 17:24 17 Feb 05

Hi the kopite,

Thanks for dropping in... the ability to appreciate or express that which is humorous ... even in learning we can enjoy and have a sense of humour.

Yea FelixTCat thanks for the humour too.

Henmin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…