installing new harddrive-a idiots guide please

holly polly 23:35 04 Aug 03

hi just had to do a reformat on this machine and reinstall windows again for the umpteenth time scan disc reported unrepairable bad clusters -obviously the harddrive is on the way out ,going to buy a new one and fit it myself (hopefully)-would appreciate a idiots guide to installing a new hardrive-i am using win me, do i have to use fdisk to create a primary dos partition for the fat 32 file, will i have to format the drive before i install windows etc -these are some of the questions what i would like addressing -i am a complete novice when it comes to installing hardware-thogh i am a electrician -just want to make sure i do everything right and not mess things up -as usual all answers greatfully reieved ,cheers -hol pol...

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:44 04 Aug 03

To save me hammering the keys......click here

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…