installing new hard drive

werzal 21:44 22 Jun 06

hi,

i have a pakard bell imedia 3054 and am trying to install a second hard drive but, upon opening the unit i discovered that there is not a spare space for this drive to go in. does this mean that i cant install one or can i find a way around this problem?
any ideas welcom coz i havn't got a clue!!!!!!

woodchip 21:50 22 Jun 06

If it's a Desktop you could connect it and leave it in the bottom until you ether make or buy a mount for the drive. You should be able to make one easy all it needs is a vise and drill Flat metal bent twice two holes in top each side to hang from other mount and copy the drive holes using a piece of card and pencil to copy the drive holes then transfer to bracket at each side. there are varius ways to make one.

northend boy 21:53 22 Jun 06

have you thought about an external hard drive that works via usb.

They are as nearly as cheap as internal drives and very portable.

northend boy 21:54 22 Jun 06

Or

if the imedia has a floppy drive. You could ditch the floppy and slide a hard drive into its place.

werzal 21:55 22 Jun 06

thought about it but there not as cheep as this one....
it was free but might consider getting a case thingy to turn it into an external, you know what i mean by "a case thingy".

woodchip 21:57 22 Jun 06

USB Caddy

werzal 21:58 22 Jun 06

thats the one,
thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…