Installing new hard disc to increase capacity

wolshouse 19:44 08 Jul 03

Hi My Dell Dimension 4100 has 20 GB IDE Hard Drive, and I would like to increase this capacity, as I am running with 75% used space.

I am a comparative novice ,but willing to learn, so can someone point me in the right direction!!

Thanks

AndySD 20:05 08 Jul 03

click here and then clicf on

Flash Presentation:

Flash video of interactive installation guide

SEASHANTY 20:18 08 Jul 03

If you buy a retail boxed drive, say Maxtor or similar, it will come with all the screws and fittings etc PLUS a software disk which will configure all the drive options for you. All you have to do it set the new drive jumper to slave position if you want to set it up as Slave. Most new drives come with jumpers set as Master. About 80 GB should be reasonable. You can transfer all settings from your old drive to the new using the software disk that comes with the new drive. Set it as Master then leave your old drive as secondary drive configured as slave. You have many options. Check the set up at this site <click here>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…