Installing new g card with onboard graffix

ACOLYTE 12:33 26 Jun 10

My pc atm uses nvidea onboard graffix,i have a new ati graffix card,and im not sure if i need to uninstall the onboard grafix card driver,or just put the new card in and install those drivers,without uninstalling the onboard one.I can find things on the ati site about installing the catalist drivers but nothing about what to do if you have onboard grffix to start with.

gengiscant 12:38 26 Jun 10

What is you motherboard, some will auromatically turn off on board graphics,whilst others it is necessary to go into the bios to turn the onboard off.
What model is your new card.
Download and install this.click here it will tell you what motherboard you have.

ACOLYTE 12:42 26 Jun 10

My motherboard is ECS GeForce 6100PM-M2,and my new card is an ATI 5770 pci-e card.

gengiscant 12:58 26 Jun 10

Nice card, I have 2 in crossfire, as far as I can see from the manual, you do not need to alter any settings in the bios.
Make sure that you have the latest driver for your OS.
click here

Rayuk 13:28 26 Jun 10

Uninstal nvidia graphics drivers[also use driver cleaner link as below] then instal new graphics card then instal ati drivers.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…