installing new font

Hi all,
I feel a bit of a twit asking this question. I have just downloaded a new font and am trying to install it. I unzipped it to the desktop,went to fonts in control panel and tried 'File/install new font' There is nowt under 'list of fonts' All I can see in that window is 'Folders/c;/downloads' and under 'drives' is 'c;HP_PAVILION' I can see the font file on the desk top, question is how do I manipulate it to get it into 'List of fonts' in 'Add Fonts'.
If my little grand child was near me she would probably sort it out for me.!!
Your assistance badly needed...
Much thanks in anticipation.
Mike.

Diodorus Siculus 19:59 16 Aug 06

Under folders you need to navigate to the desktop - it will be somewhere under c:/documents and settings/ username/desktop

The font should appear there.

Tku Diodorus Siculus, I eventually was able to locate the desktop under 'folders', but had to search for it. Found it under Documents and Settings/Administrator. Anyways, all is sorted now and much thanks for your kind assistance.
Regards,
Mike.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…