Installing new CD Drive

Mr Confused 21:16 31 Jan 05

I currently have just a DVD Writer drive on my PC but want to add a second drive - an internal CD RW/DVD Combo drive.

Since the only things I have ever installed on my computer have been just a couple of PCI cards - I just wondered how much more difficult would it be to install such a drive?

Also, could someone point me in the right direction for an "idiot-proof" step-by-step guide to installing the drive?

Thanks

Mr Confused 21:22 31 Jan 05

Also any recommendations on any particular drives - or are they all more or less the same??

VoG II 21:24 31 Jan 05
  Totally-braindead 21:31 31 Jan 05

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're all the same but they're certainly similar, never had a cd writer/dvd combo myself but I would think good advice would be to buy a brand make rather than a cheapo one they tend to be made better. Someone else may be able to advise on a particular good make/model.

ACOLYTE 21:34 31 Jan 05

If it was me i would go for 2 seperate drives if funds permit that way you can use one drive and save the wear and tear on the other.

Mr Confused 21:44 31 Jan 05

Ok thanks a lot for your help guys - I have a look at some drives on the net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…