Installing Nero Device is not ready

Teasle 18:13 17 May 05

Please can some kind person(s) help.
I had trouble burning a CD yesterday (I kept getting a message saying system is dangerously low in resources - do I want to shut down Nero? If I said no it froze). So today I thought I would uninstall Nero and reinstall it, as the rest of my PC looked fine.
I uninstalled but now when I put the Nero CD ROM disk in to install I get the message E:\ Is not accessible. Device is not ready. Try again, cancel. (Or D)
If I put an audio CD in, it plays fine with Real one. I just can't get it to recognise the Nero disk. I have checked the drivers - as far as I can see they look fine.
I am using W98SE.
Any ideas please?
Kind regards.

Border Collie 20:28 17 May 05

It's best to use Nero's own uninstaller.

Try downloading click here and Run Cleaner, clear everything it finds.

Then Issues - Scan for Issues and delete everything.

Run Issues - Scan for Issues a second time and once again clear everything.

Reboot and try the Nero disc again.

Border Collie 20:29 17 May 05

It's best to use Nero's own uninstaller.

Try downloading click here and Run Cleaner, clear everything it finds.

Then Issues - Scan for Issues and delete everything.

Run Issues - Scan for Issues a second time and once again clear everything.

Reboot and try the Nero disc again.

Teasle 09:09 24 May 05

Thank you for your response Border Collie. Sorry to take so long getting back to this thread but I was waiting for Nero to get back to me.
I did the things you suggested - I had already run Clean Up but did CCleaner too (amazing what stuff was still on my pc). The error message 'device not ready' disappeared but instead when I put my Nero disk in either of my disk drives, my pc grinds to a halt and if I do ctr alt del I get browser not responding and I can't run any other programs afterwards without re-booting.
I contacted Nero but got a semi-automated response regarding an error message report which is no help as I can't even get that far.
So I'm back to square one and running the demo version of Nero downloaded from their site.

Micro-Man 13:21 24 May 05

I think your statement "it plays fine with Real one" is the answer. Look through the options and disable automatically play a cd with real player,(or some such thing) and uncheck that option. I've had problems like this in the past!

Micro-Man 13:22 24 May 05

I think your statement "it plays fine with Real one" is the answer. Look through the options and disable automatically play a cd with real player,(or some such thing) and uncheck that option. I've had problems like this in the past!

vinnyT 13:50 24 May 05

"ctr alt del I get browser not responding and I can't run any other programs afterwards without re-booting".

Sometimes, when this happens, if you select the cancel option (instead of shutdown, end task), everything suddenly works as it's supposed to.

Teasle 13:52 24 May 05

Hi Micro-Man,
I will check that but since installing the demo version of Nero from their website I can play all other CDs through my drives just not the Nero OEM suite CDROM.

Teasle 13:53 24 May 05

VinnyT - Oh I will give that ago too then.

Teasle 19:44 24 May 05

Well - I have success. I put my disk in today and it worked!! Don't know why it decided that it would recognise it today but not yesterday with out me doing anything.
Thanks for all your responses.

Micro-Man 10:38 25 May 05

Read also click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…