Installing Nero 5

gudda96 13:41 20 Apr 03

Hi

I am having trouble re-installing Nero 5, I have used it a lot before but decided to un-install to make way for CD Creator.

My writer did not recognise CD Creator so I tried to load Nero back on board but a message is appearing saying it was interupted xyz...

If I cannot solve it on this forum, perhaps someone might e-mail me at [email protected].

Gudda96

eccomputers 14:39 20 Apr 03

did you uninstall cd creator? Nero doesnt like this program.

howard60 15:02 20 Apr 03

ME or XP you can run system restore and go back to when nero was on and running.

gudda96 18:08 20 Apr 03

EEC/Howard 60

I have UNINSTALLED CD Creator as I was told the same.

I have W98SE.

Scarthy © ® ™ 18:27 20 Apr 03

You can run both Roxio ECDC and Nero 5 together on the same system (may be OS dependant - I have XP Home SP1). The trouble usually happens when you try to use DirectCD (Roxio) and In-CD (Nero)at the same time....Don't do this !
I have ECDC Basic with DirectCD (as my writer isn't supported by In-CD) and I also have Nero Burning ROM 5.5 installed on my system.
There are some links at the Ahead site with concerns with older OS's and compatability...click here

bluenote 21:34 20 Apr 03

I had a similar problem in that nero kept freezing i downloaded the latest version update which cured the problem . I then loaded easy cd creator and both run perfectly together on 98se .

gudda96 08:48 21 Apr 03

Hi Folks

Thanks for replies but to clarify the original question.

I dont want to run both, I just want help to re-install Nero.

Can I post a printscreen showing error message on this forum, if not to someone's e-mail address??

MAJ 08:52 21 Apr 03

You can upload the screenshot to your website and post the link, but you can't post an image on the forum, gudda96.

MAJ 08:56 21 Apr 03

You said the error message was ".....but a message is appearing saying it was interupted xyz...". What was the full error message exactly.

gudda96 09:16 21 Apr 03

Maj

Here goes and thank you and others for reply...

INSTALLATION WIZARD COMPLETED

The wizard was interupted before Nero -Burning Rom
could be comepletly installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

Click finish to exit Wizard.

MAJ 10:13 21 Apr 03

Your Windows installer might have developed a fault, gudda96. Update it from click here see if it cures the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…