Installing my old hard drive

MC64 12:04 16 Mar 03

Hi all
I have a pc which runs on XP. I want to install the hard drive from my old pc which has 98se on it. Can any one give me a step by step guide on how to do this. I understand XP will automatically find the drive but it can't be that straight forward, can it??

Thanks in advance
Mark

asw 12:27 16 Mar 03

Mark, Also keep an eye on todays posting "Hard Disk Data Recovery". I'm in a similar situation so answers to my query may help you also.

Megatyte 12:35 16 Mar 03

Do yo want to install your old drive as a primary boot drive (running 98) or as a secondary drive?

AH

MC64 12:52 16 Mar 03

I still want to run xp as my main drive which is a 20 gig drive. I need the old smaller drive to run 98se for some older hardware I can't get updated drivers for. I run an anologue webcam using an out dated capture card.

Megatyte 12:12 17 Mar 03

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you (The pubs opened). If you go to the Helproom search facility on this site and enter "dual boot" as your search criteria (Search titles and postings/resolved) you'll find a wealth of information. Hope this helps.

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…