installing my GeForce 7300 GS graphics card

maund 01:02 25 Oct 06

Hi all,

I've been trying to install the above card the system I've just built. The problem I'm having is...the manual states "before you begin" make sure your windows 2000/me/xp was installed in vga mode and funtions properly...I'm assuming that is already the case...but not sure. I've inserted the card and switched the PC on.

SOFTWARE INSTALLATION - it says the building driver database appears, as windows operating system builds the driver database....I haven't seen this.

The add new hardware wizard appears, the manual states chose the best driver andclick next...I do this but windows comes back saying unable to find the appropriate driver....insert disk if you have one. The manual tells me I should be ready to install the standard graphics adapter...but obviously nothing happens. So what I've done then is put the disk in, which has in turn let the hardware wizard install the Geforce driver. I have then installed the direct X and that's about it. It seems to have installed OK...but how can I check out if it's really working...I've got no games I can put in

Oh that not quite true...a chronicle of riddick directors cut was included with the card...but when I installed that and tried to run it, it said....THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES GRAPHIC DRIVER SUPPORT FOR OPEN GL 1.3 OR HIGHER.

Sorry about the lenght of this post, but can anyone offer any help please.

regards

David

cowboy62 01:17 25 Oct 06

you could try to have a look on line and see if they are any updated drivers here try this click here

citadel 10:58 25 Oct 06

usually the windows found new hardware wizard gives option have disc, then you choose this and use the driver disc that came with the card and the wizard finds the graphics driver and installs it. you could download the latest windows approved graphics driver from nvidea. save it to desktop and click on it and it will auto install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017