Installing Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0?

Daibus 18:54 04 Dec 04

I have just downloaded and installed Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 mail client with no problems.

Now I have downloaded Thunderbird 1.0 as a Zip File but it will not install. When I go into Extensions to install a notice is displayed saying that "Install script not found".
What am I doing wrong and would it be recommended to install this latest version in spite of the fact that it has not been officially released yet?

Also would it be possible to include the correct link for this latest download!

Many thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 19:01 04 Dec 04

Index of /pub/
click here

click here for direct link.

It should run - download the exe file above and run the installer. I installed it last night and am pretty happy with it - sadly I have lost a few extensions that require updating.

Daibus 20:08 04 Dec 04

Diodorus Siculus

Many thanks for the link. Thunderbird 1.0 satisfactorily installed.

Gongoozler 20:25 04 Dec 04

Hi Daibus. The sensible thing to do would be to wait for the official release, but being sensible all the time is boring, so like you I followed the link given by Diodorus Siculus and installed version 1.0rc. It doesn't look a lot different from version 0.9, but it'll be interesting trying to find the improvements.

jensen1 21:17 04 Dec 04

Has anyone with Mozilla 1.0 had problems getting MSN Gaming Zone? I found it impossible to connect properly that I had it uninstall it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…