installing Money 2002 on Windows 7

Splodge 14:34 05 Jun 10

Try as I might I cannot install Works 2002/Money onto my new computer and make it stick.

I get so far and even manage to transfer some accounts using a usb stick. But. when I power off and restart the comuter refuses to work, demanding I asks me to continue installation.

The other annoying thing is, I can copy my Money Home Page from my XP computer and get access, and update the different accounts and these will be read by the new computer but, log-off and on re-booting, nothing works, not even the stick!

Until I solve this, I have to use 2 computers and I just do not have the space!

Ibanez2010 15:30 05 Jun 10

I guess you're using Windows 7 or Vista?
I'm not surprised it doesn't work. It's 8 year old software.
Can you buy a more recent version? Or why not try Openoffice - it's free.

Sea Urchin 15:31 05 Jun 10

It should work with Win7 but it might be worth trying this patch for Money 2002 - read right down the page to see instructions for installing.

click here

Splodge 15:45 05 Jun 10

Ibenez:

Yes, unfortunately Microsoft did not include Money in "Office 2007" and they have indicated that they will not produce a new edition. Besides, I have a number of active accounts going over those years and losing them is not an option.

Sea Urchin:

I will have a look! Thank you!

As it happens, I have had some success but the file copied across is only part of the original file. I am slowly typing in the rest from one account. When finished, I will log off and see if it stays!

If so, I am busy for the next year!

bremner 15:58 05 Jun 10

Have you tried running it "as administrator" and in XP compatibility mode?

Other than that it seems Money 2007 can run on W7 although there are a few minor glitches

Splodge 16:55 05 Jun 10

bremner:
Thanks for that suggestion.

I will try that later when I have more confidence in the new system!

Incidentally, I finished the one account by typing in a LOT of data.

It did NOT survive a re-boot alas!

rawprawn 17:17 05 Jun 10

I run Money 2002 with no trouble at all on Windows 7.If Sea Urchin's suggestion doesn't work PM me.

Splodge 17:26 05 Jun 10

Yes Thanks!

PM? not sure what that is though!

And what version of Windows 7 do you have?

rawprawn 17:53 05 Jun 10

PM the little yellow envelope by my name. I need your name and address.
Windows 7 Home Premium

MIke 21:17 05 Jun 10

I too run Money 2002 with no problems at all on Win 7 (64bit).

Just did a standard install,haven't needed to use compatability mode or to run as Administrator. I know this doesn't help but at least you know it will work.

MIke 21:19 05 Jun 10

BTW I ONLY installed Money from the Works disc, not the complete Works suite, have you tried just installing Money??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…