Installing Mandrake Linux

Pathologist 12:50 19 Jan 05

Following the articles about the Linux OS in the March 2005 issue of PCA, I decided to give this OS a try out. I downloaded the three Mandrake ISO CD files and burnt each one to a separate CD. I then reset the Bios boot start to 'CD drive', put the first of the CDs in the drive and rebooted. The machine refused to boot from the CD drive, so I reset it all again - many times in fact. Each time the computer starts my Window 98SE boot up. I simply can't get it to start from the CD drive. What am I doing wrong? Help please!

dth 17:27 19 Jan 05

Sounds like there is a problem with the CDs that you have made. It might be easier to just buy one of the computer magazines that include Mandrake CDs.

Djohn 17:38 19 Jan 05

Full installation guide of Mandrake with graphics from our own Powerless. Excellent guide in 3 parts, very easy to follow, just click on the continu links to parts 2 & 3 after reading part 1. click here

Pathologist 17:49 19 Jan 05

I was doing something very stupid, at least in retrospect. I didn't realise that you don't burn the ISO image onto CDs, but rather you OPEN each image and then burn the CDs. This gives 3 CDs full of different files, with the first one opening with a screen which contains installation details, among other things.
So, thanks for your help, but I think I'm now OK!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…