installing linux

pontoon 09:53 22 Jan 07

Hi advice please, I run xp sp2 on a 80 gb hard drive, 65gb left to use, i would like to try and partion with the aim of running linux as a second os ? would this cause any problems,

rabies 10:40 22 Jan 07

No, it shouldn't cause any problem. Most linux Os will partition the hard drive and set up a dual boot system where you choose which Os to use .With linux there are many live cd's which you can try without installing first. They run from memory. You just have to make sure your computer will boot from cd/dvd in the bios. Go to distrowatch.com where you will find downloads.

Madscot_uk 10:59 22 Jan 07

I run dual boot to ubuntu linux, with it on an 8Gb partition and i have had no problems with it, even having installed several distros (suse, fedora & ubuntu)
Boot from the cd and it will guide you through the process including partitioning and formatting a portion of your hdrive to install itself on.
It will also install a program called grub which allows you to select os on bootup.

pontoon 11:17 25 Jan 07

Thanks for the info, confident to try now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…