installing lexmark P4350 and registry problem

timerep 13:30 16 Feb 06

Hi Guys another problem to chew over I have a lexmark P4350 that was set up and running on win xp sp2 untill I installed sorftware for a webcam, then the printer went haywire. i took out the camera software with uninstaller 2006 recomended by your good selves and the lexmark also used regscrub to clean up the registry and tried to re install the lexmark. The software goes in to the pc but error code 19 keeps coming up that the device cannot be started due to a missing or corrupt registry file or files. I have cleaned up the registry to the best of my ability but still no joy. Any ideas how I may be able to get over this and reinstall the lexmark and the computer to tell me that its installed and ready for use, rather than it may not work properly?

Sandy110 21:16 16 Feb 06

It wasn't a Fugi camera was it? I had the same problem with my Lexmark after installing camera software. Repairing XP solved it. Worth a try

AaNnDdYy 04:34 17 Feb 06

i had a simaler problem after phone software i done simalar to your selves with no joy in the end repaired it with systen mechanic 6 free in last months issue complete program but only for 30 days and then buy but it sorted out mine on xp sp2 and i only have a doomed p2

timerep 10:36 17 Feb 06

Hello All, no it wasn't a fuji camera it was sortware for a logitech. have cleaned out the logitech program to the best of ability and tryed to put the original camera back on. the software installs but then it says it cant detect the camera despite the fact its plugged in and windows has recognised it. I continue to try to get the lexmark back on but alougth the software installs it goes almost all the way and you get the message that there is a problem with the registry and the unit cant be started. Have tryed a system restore but error messages come up saying other things are missing, could it be time to use a large hammer I ask myself???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now