//some 3rd party need geo

Installing Internal Modem

brianr 12:02 26 May 06

Bought a PC from Dell but forgot to include a modem. An internal modem is now being sent.

How do I instal this into the PC ?

rsinbad 12:58 26 May 06
  LinH 13:17 26 May 06

Before you start, be aware that taking the cover off your pc and fiddling around inside could, indeed probably will, invalidate your warranty.

I am assuming here that the pc is still under warranty and Dell are sending the modem on to you. Did they not mention it?

If the above is correct, check with Dell what the status of your warranty would be first.

Otherwise it's pretty much straightforward and will be explained once the above has been sorted out.

martjc 13:18 26 May 06

...is run the setup program on the disk that comes with the modem.

ventanas 14:31 26 May 06

I know the business side of Dell couldn't give a damn. I usually open them as soon as I receive them, and no warranty problems. But it might be worth checking on how they see the retail side of things. But as I assume it is they that are sending the modem I would take that as agreement to you opening it, otherwise they should have asked for it to be sent back.

When you get it just slot in into a vacant pci slot and reboot. You will see the new hardware message. Insert the cd that will come with it and follow the prompts.

LinH 14:43 26 May 06

Yes, you are probably right, however, it would be prudent to get some sort of communication from Dell accepting the position. If something does go wrong he will then be covered.

sunny staines 14:58 26 May 06

rsinbad

good link, bookmarked.

terryf 20:46 27 May 06

#

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…