installing an internal cd-rw drive on a pentium 2

ray27 19:03 13 May 03

I have upgraded my pc and given my old one to a friend. It did not have a cd-rw and now my friend wouild like to fit one to his pc.
As he is an oap it would be cheaper if he could fit an internal one. What we would like to know is it as easy as it says on the box?
What one should we get(aparently there are two methods ide or scfc or somthing like that).
Could two old foggies fit it to the pc without blowing the thing up?
The pc has usb ports and we could fit it to there but external cd-rw are very expensive so any advice would be gratfully recieved
Cheers Ray & Doug
PS. many thanks for all the help previously,

graham√ 19:53 13 May 03

Check with a large store, I recommend John Lewis, for advice. The advantage being that if it is not suitable they will change it or refund you without quibble. I'm sure if you get the right one you will have no problem fitting it.

_Treb_ 20:29 13 May 03

If in doubt phone around a couple of local computer shops, not the BIG ONES. Find a little shop one or two man outfit they would probably fit it for a tenner.

_Treb_ 20:37 13 May 03

Check your e-mail. I found some easy fit instructions on the web and mailed them to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…