Installing ie7

bigal1808 12:49 05 Mar 08

can anybody please help
I've downloaded and installed ie7 for a friend, but it just doesn't look right - the toolbars look wrong - the 'tools' button should be at the right, but it's over on the left - we've still got a 'favorites' button, and i thought that vanished with ie7, and I can't open another tab - we haven't got the little blue right arrow next to the web address.
does all this make any sense.
any advice please.
thanks

recap 13:16 05 Mar 08

If IE7 doesn't look like the images if you click here
Try the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Windows Update.
3. Follow instructions on the Windows Update page.

bigal1808 14:01 05 Mar 08

no - that's exactly what it doesn't look like
I'll try what you suggest
thanks

birdface 18:37 05 Mar 08

Sounds like IE7 to me.My tool buttons are on the left.Still got favorites.Little blue arrow has gone.And just have the refresh button with two green arrows on it.

birdface 19:05 05 Mar 08

You can shift the toolbar over to the right by right clicking the top toolbar and unticking lock the toolbars.Then left click the dotted line on the left side of the toolbar and drag it over to the right hand side.Then click on an empty spot on the toolbar and tick lock the toolbar.

Acx 19:50 05 Mar 08

On the tool bar
Click Help and then 'About Internet Explorer'
It should give the Version you have.

bigal1808 20:24 05 Mar 08

thanks guys, I'll check the v. number and play with the toolbar - I just don't remember having to do that with mine

bigal1808 08:01 07 Mar 08

ok - gentlemen, It's fixed.
I used windows update under the 'tools' button and now we've got the IE7 I know and love.
thanks to everyone for their input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…