Installing HP 2300 scanner with Windows XP

Bamber-Gascoigne 18:15 21 Apr 03

I recently tried installing a HP 2300 scanner for a friend running Windows XP. Despite multiple attempts I have continued to be unsuccessful in completing installation due to some sort of conflict between the scanner software and XP. I have tried speaking to HP direct but all they suggest is downloading an updated service pack for XP (but this is already installed).

Has anyone experienced similar problems between installation of the HP 2300 Scanjet and Windows XP. I have heard anecdotally of other conflicts between HP hardware drivers and XP and that various fixes might be available.

AR

MAJ 18:24 21 Apr 03

Are you sure that it's a driver problem, Bamber-Gascoigne? I've noticed when installing HP products that some of them don't like using a USB cable that is longer than 3metres. If your USB cable is longer than 3metres, it might be worth trying a shorter one. Sounds silly but it's true.

Big Elf 18:27 21 Apr 03

In my limited experience and based on advice from HP Technical Support. I installed the original software and drivers immediately followed by the HP XP update before I could successfully get my HP3400C to work.

This, unfortunately, is my total knowledge on the subject and presumably this is what you've already tried?

orsta 15:31 22 Apr 03

I don’t know if is will of help, but i have been having trouble with my Hp scanjet3300c scanner. like yourself, I downloaded the Win XP update drivers, but after closing down and restarting nothing worked, except the WIA windows driver.

I found some useful info on the HP newsgroups click here.

From here I followed the following advice, which works, except for the quick buttons (scan and copy).
--Here the fix that HP came up with when I dealt with one of their engineers:

Rt click my computer
Select Manage
Click the + sign at Service & Applications
Click Service
Scroll down and select Windows Image Acquisition
Rt click and select properties
Change startup type to disable
Exit and restart computer.

This solution fixed all my problems with using XP with my ScanJet 3300c–

All the best

ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…