installing graphic drivers

Newuser216 19:34 04 Apr 04

I have just installed Call of Duty which comes up with an openGL error message when trying to run the game. I have downloaded the Forceware drivers 56.64 for my GForce FX5200 personal cinema graphics card. The Nvidia site says I have to go into add/remove programme and unstall Nvidia dispay adaptors. The only Nvidia listed in the above on my Pc are : NVDVD : Nvidia nforce drivers : NV Remote. Can any one help as to what I have to do next? My Pc running XP home is very stable at the moment I dont want to alter that for the sake of one game. Runs all other recent games well.

AbodeMilano 19:39 04 Apr 04

Have you installed the latest OpenGL drivers? I think you get the from

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 19:51 04 Apr 04

To un-install the drivers do a roll back to the last driver.Or dlaod and reinstall may have been damaged on dload.

AbodeMilano 19:52 04 Apr 04

There is also a program called Detenator Deleter, because NVDIDA are notorious for difficult driver deletion.

Newuser216 20:25 04 Apr 04

Thanks for the quick replies, I have been to the but it refers me to the nvidia site. The current drivers I have appear to be which were installed when I bought the pc in October 2003.

gudgulf 21:18 04 Apr 04

click here

Latest drivers from NVidia.

Also xp does not support open gl ,but your graphics card does. Try the latest drivers,sounds like yours predate Call of Duty so might not support the game.

gudgulf 21:34 04 Apr 04

Oh and I know Nvidia does not like you doing this but if you download the file,double click it and let it install it will work just fine whether you uninstall the old drivers or no.

For the record I update mine regularly and dont uninstall the previous ones--thay have always worked perfectly (after all if they dont THEN you can uninstall them and start again with the new ones!)

lamda 10:51 05 Apr 04

into my postings

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:05 05 Apr 04

If you haven't installed the new drivers yet just click the exe file and it should do it for you they can be installed over the top of other drivers,sometimes you get errors but nothing that cant be sorted,it says to turn virus software off before install but i never do i like the know there is nothing in the package i dloaded.Thats just personnel preference tho so that bit is up to you.

Good game by the way!

Newuser216 19:26 05 Apr 04

Thanks again to everybody who responded. I'll do as suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…