Installing Graphic card updated driver from ASUS

Baslla321 16:10 10 Jun 03

I have Windows 98 and an ASUS Graphic Card with driver based on Nvidia version 6.18. I have downloaded an update Version fropm Asus, 43_45 zip.
I HAVE UNZIPPED IT, BUT I CANNOT INSTALL IT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY INSTAL. I TRIED DOING IT VIA THE DEVICE MANAGER BUT IT KEEPS ASKING ME FOR MY aSUS DISK. WHY IS THIS? HOW CAN I INSTALL THIS DRIVER? DO I UNINSTAL THE OLD DRIVER BEFORE INSTALLING THE UPDATE?
pLEASE HELP

citadel 18:32 10 Jun 03

guru3d.com has instructions on how to manually install drivers.

Noels 18:46 10 Jun 03

I'm not an expert but in a similar situation I visited the Nvidia web site and downloaded the appropriate driver from Nvidia and this installed itself without any problems. It might be worth a try.

Regards Noels

SEASHANTY 19:40 10 Jun 03

On updated ATI drivers it says to remove the old drivers before installing new ones. Similarly with the TRUST optical mouse I purchased. Says uninstall old drivers before installing new drivers. Seems to be the norm with PC hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…