INSTALLING FOUR DRIVES ON XP

I have 2 hard drives a cd player and a dvd rewriter,is it possible to put all 4 drives on my xp system at the same time? and how would i go about it if it can be done? thanks

bremner 15:50 24 Jun 07

If your motherboard has two IDE connectors then you should put both hard drives on one channel with the HDD with the O/S as Master and the other as slave.

The two optical drives should go on the other IDE channel the DVD Writer as Master and the CD as slave.

ambra4 15:51 24 Jun 07

Yes my normal configure

Install the Cd/DVD drives on the secondary IDE connection master/slave DCD writer must be the master

Both Hard drive on the primary IDE connection Master/slave

Stuartli 15:58 24 Jun 07

There would be very few motherboards without two IDE Channels (Primary and Secondary) - up to two drives on each channel is the standard arrangement.

Ray5776 20:02 24 Jun 07

Yes you can do this relatively easily as posted by other members but you may need to configure the jumpers which has not yet been mentioned.
If you are unsure of how to do this ask.

Terry Brown 21:05 24 Jun 07

You can also add more drives via the USB ports if you require.
Terry

Stuartli 21:08 24 Jun 07

>>but you may need to configure the jumpers which has not yet been mentioned.>>

The need to configure the hard drives and optical drives as Master and Slave in both cases has, in fact, been mentioned twice; however, jpieter just might not be aware that this is achieved using the jumpers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…