Installing Fax Printer

lightfeet 16:08 25 Jan 03

My son has a Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop running Windows 200 Professional which has an Actiontec MD560RD Modem installed. We are trying to set up Fax facilities but we cannot find any ref to Fax printer under Printers. When we try to add a Fax Printer via Control Panel – Fax - Properties – Advanced Options, nothing happens for a minute or so & then we receive the notification “The Fax printer could not be created. Please verify your modem is installed correctly”. Could anyone please advise where we go from here?

Djohn 16:15 25 Jan 03

Put the following into google and it will come up wth the user guide, the site is busy at the moment and shows as not responding, but keep trying as you will find full details for Dell and modem there. J.

Actiontec MD560RD Modem

woodchip 16:34 25 Jan 03

Your modem should install a fax printer, if it's included in the software. Try Supervoice software

pj123 17:36 25 Jan 03

I agree with woodchip. I have Supervoice running on my PC. But I have found some modems will not accept Supervoice, if that happens on yours give FaxTalk a go. That has never failed me.

Both the above programmes are free and are on the Modem install disk.

Djohn 17:39 25 Jan 03

Hi pj123, must admit I use Supervoice and no probs. at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…