Installing ethenet card - 1st timer

Rodders 13:39 31 Mar 06

Hi

I've been given 2 ethernet PCI cards and I'd like to use one on a PC with WinME. Currently, the PC is connected to NTL broadband but uses a USB adapter due to the lack of an ethernet port.

The ethernet cards I have are not boxed and have no manuals or disks, but they come from a rtusted source so I'm not concerned about them being unsafe.

I've read that I will need to install drivers, but without disks how will I do this?

ACOLYTE 14:03 31 Mar 06

If you know the makes you may be able to download the driver from there site.it also may be that ME already has a basic driver for it,i cant sat for sure as i dont have ME.

terryf 14:09 31 Mar 06

If you find the make and model of the cards do a google with 'card make and model' followed by 'drivers'.This may take you to a site where you can find the drivers, download them to a suitable place and'probably' double click. You may find that if you install the card in your machine win ME may discover them and install drivers for you, if not you will have to download them and then go to control panel add hardware and point the wizard to the place you have put the downloaded drivers.
Hope that this is clear, if not repost

Rodders 14:13 31 Mar 06

I've found out that it's an Intel Pro100B by searching for the FCCID (whatever that is!).

I'm now trying to download a driver which I'll put onto CDR.

Rodders 14:52 31 Mar 06

DONE - I didn't need the driver after all, WinME helped me out (for a change).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017