Installing earlier version of ms office/windows q

Grambo 20:01 15 Mar 04

Im using Win XP with word. Due to work software compatibility, I need to install excel and powerpoint from a cd of microsoft office 7.0 that I have. I tried typical installation which also installed earlier version of word, seemingly overwriting word xp. I used system restore, so I am back to square 1. Will the custom installation allow just excel and powerpoint. Bit wary now
Thanks

VoG II 20:05 15 Mar 04

If you want to have multiple installations of Office you need to start with the earliest version, then add the later one.

VoG II 20:08 15 Mar 04
  Grambo 21:35 15 Mar 04

Thanks for that. Just looked at custom installation again. Looks doubtful about trying to install just powerpoint and excel, which is all i need. Would the files required to 'run from cd' overwrite my word xp aswell

VoG II 08:48 16 Mar 04

Yes. To do what you want you need to uninstall Office XP. Install the earlier version. Then install Office XP as per the click here above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…