Installing DVD-RW Drive

Dirk Diggler 20:04 26 Nov 04

Okay heres the deal, I have a new Dual Layer OEM DVD-RW Drive that I am about to install, something I have never done before!

Just a question, apart from slotting the drive into the bay and connecting the IDE cable, is there anything else I need to be looking out for befor I start?

TIA

mattyc_92 20:11 26 Nov 04

Make sure that you "ground" yourself because of the static build-up. The static may not be strong enough for you to jump up or even feel some-times, but is strong enough to damage your computer's components!!!!!

BigMoFoT 20:17 26 Nov 04

These are the only other things that you need to look at, i.e. is the drive to be a slave or a master on the primary or secondary IDE chain...

The jumper settings should be explained on the drive..

I would go for the drive as a primary master on the second IDE chain

chugby 20:30 26 Nov 04

try this site for tutorial click here

Technotiger 20:30 26 Nov 04

Hi, also if you are using XP make sure the drive and software are compatable with XP - not all drives are!!

Dirk Diggler 23:39 26 Nov 04

Many thanks all - we are now up and running!

JIM 01:40 27 Nov 04

glad to see you cracked it and all is well.

(in a nice way of course)

New system rebuild next :o) no problem!

carper 16:13 27 Nov 04

Good link chugby. Just what I was looking for as well

charlie32 16:54 27 Nov 04

i just brought this dvd rewriter without the software and the drivers or the decoders the question is can i download any software and decoders for it and do i need to get drivers as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…