Installing dvd r/rw

IAN2112 13:18 30 Dec 07

Can anyway help with this minor problem, i recently installed a Pioneer dvr-112d(dvd r/rw) into a Hp pavilion 471.uk.The pc is a few years old now,this is what i have done with the above.I have installed the above in the place where the cd-rw was and the dvd rom is in the same place as before. The new dvd r/rw is working and listed as drive D in my computer,but i have not got anything listed for dvd rom for some reason. THANKS

BurrWalnut 14:03 30 Dec 07

Check the little jumper on the back of the 'old' CD-RW (it is probably slave) and make sure the 'new' DVD-RW is set to the same.

The F1 Help Key 19:10 30 Dec 07

check the sata cables oh shit what am talking about!!!

try to put the dvd on an stanalone IDE cable see if at least the dvd works.
IF yes , the key for this problem is the little caps at the back of the dvd called jumbers follow the instruction about its placement on its right pins.happy new year

Stuartli 19:23 30 Dec 07

The rewriter should be jumpered as the Master and the ROM drive as the Slave.

If you have both set as one or the other, only one will be recognised.

Stuartli 19:23 30 Dec 07

...only one will be recognised (if on the same IDE cable).

IAN2112 10:40 31 Dec 07

Many thanks to those who replied with help, this has been sorted now.The only confusing thing is when going to my computer the dvd rom lists a totally diffrent disc thats in place instead of my works suite.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…