Installing DVD rewriter

paul654 20:05 05 Jan 05

Just bought a Dvd Rewriter, its an NEC 3520 (OEM) so its come without any software, cables or drivers. I already use a Sony Cdr. Is it just a straight forward swap, will Windows automatically detect my new drive ? Sorry If I sound like a newbie but its the first time I,ve done this and there are no instructions with the new drive.
I'm running Windows XP (SP2).
Nero 6 Ultra

JIM 20:07 05 Jan 05

Straight swap,just check the jumpers /block is the same on the new as the old ,before fitting.

ACOLYTE 20:08 05 Jan 05

OPen case put dvd drive on topmost IDE connecter on cable set jumper on the back of dvd to master,put the other cd on the other slot on the cable set the jumper on that to slave put the drives back in pc,put case back and boot up,that should do it.Make sure you earth yourself first.

JIM 20:10 05 Jan 05

all there.

click here

kpr 20:12 05 Jan 05

I installed an NEC3500 2 weeks ago. I removed my CD rewriter and used the same cable and jumper settings for the dvd rewriter. Only problem that I encountered was that my PC continually rebooted. Problem was due to me having an old version of Nero which when uninstalled fixed the problem. I am now using free software to do what Nero used to do and have just successfully backed up my first dvd with no problems.
I am using DVD shrink and CdBurnerXp Pro (Both free downloads)

paul654 21:01 05 Jan 05

Thanx folks
Just installed drive succesfully...no probs, Crikey THE DUST !!! Gonna have to get the back off the pc more often...found potatoes growing.

JIM 21:39 05 Jan 05

Enjoy the hardware,dust! that's part of it.(cleaning it):)

SEASHANTY 22:30 05 Jan 05

If your installed Nero programme came with the original Sony CDR as an OEM copy then you may find that it will not work with the new NEC drive. Found out that Nero would not burn when I swapped the Sony CDR for a higher speed TDK CDR.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…