installing dvd rewriter

kpr 02:29 04 Nov 04

firstly I have minor experience - is this easy?
Currently i have a dvd-rom and a cd rewriter and i would like to install a dvd rewriter. Should I just fit it to an empty slot or remove one of my drives that i already have. Also saw a rewriter which included card readers which I liked the look of but it started going on about checking for usb headers? any tips?

picklsey 07:26 04 Nov 04

fitting a new drive is very easy open your case and have a look personally i would take out the cd r/w and just replace it with the dvd r/w as it will burn cds.hope this helps.

Spanglish 07:43 04 Nov 04

I agree with "picklsey" the physical change is easy , but I am Intrigued about the DVD + Card reader. Which one is it?
Brian

kpr 22:52 04 Nov 04

the dvd-rw including 7 in 1 card reader and USB 2.0 was a made by BTC - never heard of them myself but seem to be selling well in local shop according to shop assistant.
Thanks for the piece of mind picklsey - i had hoped it would be easy but was getting a little confused about master and slave etc - will give it a try though.

harps1h 23:45 04 Nov 04

keep the dvd writer as slave and connect it to the cable where you cd writer used to be connected. make sure the power cable is pushed in, turn on your computer and windows should recognise it

SEASHANTY 15:33 05 Nov 04

Just click on HOW TO INSTALL A FRONT LOADING DRIVE on this tutorial website
click here

Stuartli 17:40 05 Nov 04

BTC is a very well known marque in the drive world and other areas; I can't remember if its products are rebadged or produced by the company itself.

Benq also produces a similar drive with a card reader.

If you examine various brands of drives you will quickly spot the similarities and the rebadging.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…