Installing Drivers Problem

leedsafc 17:18 17 May 07

Having installed XP Media Center 2005 when i attempt to load the drivers i get the following error message: "1670 unable to install Installshield scripting runtime." Any ideas anyone?

RobbyMac 17:51 17 May 07

Are you trying to install in safe mode? Some drivers will give runtime errors if you are!

skidzy 17:52 17 May 07

Are you sure the code error is correct ?

To me it looks like it should be 1607 ?

If so,

1. Click Start, click All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
2. Open the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Developer\Redist\Language Independent\i386.
3. Double-click Isscrpt.msi.
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

leedsafc 17:27 18 May 07

Thanks for the replies.
No i am not installing from safe mode.
Skidzy. Sorry for the numerical dyslexia yes it should be 1607. I have tried what you suggest but i cannot find that folder. I think the problem may be during install as this is not the only file that is missing IE is also not present. I have three discs the first two install ok but the third disc which has MCE 2005 updates doesn't seem to load as when i insert the disc and click ok nothing happens and the dialogue box remains. What is your opinion?

RobbyMac 19:54 18 May 07

Hi take a look here it gives the possible causes and solutions.
Good luck
click here

leedsafc 20:31 18 May 07

Hi Robbymac Thanks for that i've been there but no luck as yet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…