Installing drivers - HP printer/IPOD Shuffle

collinsc 14:13 PM 28 Dec 11

Hi I have just bought a new laptop and am transferring all my data and programmes. Looks like i tunes is OK, however i just inserted my shuffle into the USB and the driver was not recognised. I envisage the same problem with my printer. I dont believe i had discs for either to load the drivers, is there a web site/other way i can ensure i can use these devices on my new laptop? thanks

Woolwell 14:42 PM 28 Dec 11

For the HP printer go to this website HP support, input your printer model and it should provide all you need. If it is an old printer it may be supported by W7.

Similarly for the ipod Apple support

collinsc 15:52 PM 28 Dec 11

collinsc 16:03 PM 28 Dec 11

hp printer dl seems to be going ok. excuse ny ignorance, what do i need to install to ensure my ipod shuffle connects to my laptop?

i have already successfully installed itunes application on to the laptop. although, when i came to import all the tunes it forced me to convert them for some strange reason. it is taking hours and it looks to me like it is duplicating them.. (although maybe one version of the duplicate wont work? - i really dont know)

Woolwell 16:17 PM 28 Dec 11

Not sure about the ipod. Would have thought that iTunes was sufficient.

collinsc 16:43 PM 28 Dec 11

yes,i had thought that too. ok, ill keep trying. do you have any idea why itunes is insisting on converting my music? (which was already itunes format) - maybe because i was 32 bit and now 64 bit!? will i end up with duplicates do you think?

Woolwell 16:47 PM 28 Dec 11

Over to someone else about iTunes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X