installing digital camera that has a twain driver

dads3a 14:04 12 Sep 03

I would like to know how to install my FASHION CAM 21 on WINDOWS XP.It wont install because it has a TWAIN DRIVER.Or am I just being thick as I have only being using a P.C for a week.Please make any help in the simplest terms possible.

Many thanks

Jester2K II 14:06 12 Sep 03

Can you explain what happens when you try to install it?

I have two cameras under XP and one has a TWAIN driver - works fine.

dads3a 14:17 12 Sep 03

you end up at the screen that says installing this may harm windows.proceed anyway/stop this installation.the software has not past some sort of test

Jester2K II 14:22 12 Sep 03

Ignore it. MS wants you to only load driver they have tested. These driver have not been signed by MS to say they are safe - but 99.99999999% of the time they are.

Either that or look on the manufacturers website for updated signed drivers (called WHQL - Windows Hardware Quality Labs)

But seriously don't worry about them not being signed.

-pops- 14:24 12 Sep 03

I fully agree with what J2KII says.

Make sure you install it EXACTLY as you are instructed - this applies to all drivers and other software.

Jester2K II 14:31 12 Sep 03

Sorry so "proceed anyway"

keenan 14:31 12 Sep 03

Agree with jester2kII, go ahead and install
this is common for unsigned windows drivers.

dads3a 19:13 12 Sep 03

I've got as far as "you're new hardware has been installed" but I can't find it and the grey box on the teat camera screen is not highlighted.What does this dope do now!

graham√ 19:34 12 Sep 03

I thought Twain drivers were for scanners.

graham√ 19:47 12 Sep 03

Take some pictures, connect the camera to the PC and switch on.

Double click My Computer and look for your camera. It may be Removable Drive F. Double click until you see your pictures.

wags 22:19 12 Sep 03

The best option is to get a USB card reader. No drivers required with XP, which will recognize it as removable disk, downloads images in a fraction of the time and saves on battery life.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…