Installing dial up pci modem troubles

pinka 10:20 02 Apr 04

Hi,
Ive recently built a pc for someone, upon trying 2 modems (motorola speakerphone modem and mentor intel v92) i get a dialog box during driver installation that says 'data is invalid'. Ive never set up an internet with dial up before, so am in new territory any help would be gratefully received.
thanks in advance.

o.s windows xp pro sp1

anon1 10:26 02 Apr 04

I would guess that the drivers are not xp compliant. Have you checked the inbuilt (xp) drivers to see if there is one for either modem? In other words manually install the modem from a list rather than let windows do it.

anon1 10:34 02 Apr 04

You can find drivers click here if all esle fails. You will have to join but its free and instant.

pinka 20:50 02 Apr 04

anon, im already a member, and thats where the drivers i tried are from, and they are apparently xp complient.

Totally-braindead 20:55 02 Apr 04

Have you tried the Add Hardware troubleshooter under CONTROL PANEL?

pinka 10:58 03 Apr 04

Ive tried that, ive got the pc at my house now, so im going to install my broadband and use windows update and see if that can sort it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…