installing cd re-writer

prozac1947 22:54 20 Jun 03

i had to remove my Nero cd burner. I put it back and plugged in everything as it was. The computer will not recognise it.

I went into a sight, with pictures, telling me about Master and Slave eonections. I tried the connector ribbon in both postions and still no luck. It shows (in add/remove programes) that the nero cd burner has been installed and the Incd - but the icon for the Incd has an exclamation mark after it plus in Systems Manager it still doesn't recognize it.

Any suggestions please ?????

Forum Editor 23:03 20 Jun 03

that you remove all references to the drive and start again.

This time, do not install any software/driver. Just install the drive (as the master on the secondary IDE ribbon cable) and let Windows detect it as it restarts. Then install the driver/software.

prozac1947 23:47 20 Jun 03

Sorry for being a bit naive - do you mean uninstall and restart before installing with the disk or To take out cd rom drive install re-writer let it be detected and then re-install cd rom ????Thanks

woodchip 00:11 21 Jun 03

He means to remove CD drives from Device Manager and remove software from Add/Remove and just restart your computer and go into setup as it's starting then auto detect the drive save settings before you exit if you can then use the CDRW to read a CD you can then load the software you got with it. If you are on XP you will need to Disable the XP software so you can use NERO etc

prozac1947 00:27 21 Jun 03

I uninstalled all of the Nero - re-started my comp, it did not say there was new hardware so I went into Add New Hardware and asked it to detect anything new and it said there wasn't anything.

I will try my best to do the above and see if that works !!! Thanks for advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…