Installing bigger Hard Drive

prince midas 12:02 16 Apr 07

My son decided to install a bigger hard drive & using ghost he made an image designed for moving to a different hard drive.
When he fitted the new hard drive he says Windows Pro did not recognize it & he had to reinstall windows.Is this correct?

xania 13:05 16 Apr 07

No. I've always used Partition Magic and this works perfectly. I can only think that the PC may not be seeing the new drive as the master, that he may have copied it into the extended partition, or he may have failed to mark the new partiotn as active.

johndrew 15:03 16 Apr 07

I have found the easiest way of changing the boot drive is to press F8 during the startup sequence to get me into the boot options screen and then select the drive I want.

I should add that my drives are SATA if you are using PATA i think you will need to change the jumpers to make the new drive the Master and the old the Slave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…