Installing Belkin usb adapter

Sprintthegrint 16:29 25 Oct 06

This one is driving me crazy!
Having successfully installed a Belkin G+ router on pc1 I have been trying to install a Belkin F5D7050 usb adapter on pc2.
First problem(?) arises when running the install disc. The process runs smoothly through file transfers and possibly 'removing back-ups' and then just hangs.It doesn't proceed to instructing me to insert usb adapter etc. I have left it for some time to allow it to catch up with itself but nothing.However the software appears to have been loaded, icons appear, the programme is openable , Belkin folder and files present (hence the question mark after 'first problem' above. I then proceed to insert the adapter which is recognised and the installation runs through. As it gets to 100% I get a fatal exception blue screen.
I have so far tried,
1/ Installing the adapter on pc1- it works perfectly.Possible clue here pc1 runs XPpro, pc2 runs 98SE (which should be supported, I double checked on the website).
2/ Transfering the set-up disk to my hard drive and running from there.
3/ Trying to install an earlier driver version.
4/ Inserting adapter into alternative usb ports with and without extension lead.
It always comes down to that blue screen.
Any ideas please? gratefully received
Thanks Andy

FreeCell 20:51 25 Oct 06

Just a thought but what sort of USB ports do you have on pc2? Most usb adaptors require USB2. If you only have USB1 then problem is possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac