Installing a BB modem on Win98se

woodchip 12:26 25 Apr 05

Is there a wizard to create a connection, like with Dial-Up modem. As in the Add Modem Wizard I only get the 56 Modem showing up. I am connected OK with the Hardware. the Setup tells me to go to a Page after typing a URL in the address but I cannot go until I setup a Connection. What Gives. It is a 3Com Wireless Router Modem.
I have removed a NTL SpeedTouch Modem but it removes the connection when I have done that.

dan11 12:53 25 Apr 05

What is the address. Is it numerical or titled.

If numerical,( i.e. 192. 168 .2.1 ) just type this in the blank I.E. address bar. This should bring up the advanced settings. You can then manually configure the modem.

If it is titled i.e. ww-w.whereis myconnection.co . uk, don't know.

woodchip 13:01 25 Apr 05

the number is

click here.

woodchip 13:08 25 Apr 05

It's trying to connect to my Dial-Up account, on Pay as you go

woodchip 13:09 25 Apr 05

What do I deed loaded in the Networking box In Control Panel

wiz-king 13:40 25 Apr 05

Are you useing cable or telephone?

If you have removed the modem it will have to be replaced before you use the wizard to set up the connection.

More details please.

woodchip 13:42 25 Apr 05

In the above stetup it say's that any other BB should be removed. On BT\NTL BB

woodchip 14:23 25 Apr 05

It appears that it is because My ethernet is not setup and configured for the Internet. how do I do that as the old Speedtouch is a USB BB modem

toern 14:23 25 Apr 05

First you have to turn off disable Dial-up:
IE>tools>internet options>connections

woodchip 14:35 25 Apr 05

OK ticked never dial up a connection what now.

PS I have just started the Connection Wizard, and was going to do it Manually with the old account that I already have

woodchip 15:38 25 Apr 05

Desperate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…