Installing Autoroute 2001

sattman 16:45 08 Sep 03

My copy of Autoroute 2001 runs from the CD. Each time I need to use it I have to insert, can anyone advise can I install or copy it across so I dont have to do this.

The install instruction does not mention this but I am sure my previous version of autoroute was installed as a self contained programme.

Any comments or advice would be gratefully recieved.

Running Windows ME

alcudia 17:02 08 Sep 03

You probably need to create a virtual cd drive. this click here may help.

bremner 17:10 08 Sep 03

Copy the entire contents of the Autoroute disk to yor hard drive.

Remove the disk and click on Setup.exe in the folder where you saved it it will be installed and will run without the disk.

anchor 17:10 08 Sep 03

It is a long time since I installed and used 2001, (I now have 2002 & 2003).

As I recall, you are given the option to install the full programme, (to include the data from the run disc), during the setup. I certainly did not need a virtual CD drive.

This is certainly the case with 2002 and 2003.

Stuartli 17:15 08 Sep 03

I would have thought that inserting the CD-ROM each time you require Autoroute is preferable to taking up so much hard disk space (unless you have a very big HDD)..:-)

I also have Autoroute 2001 and, for the comparatively few times I use it, find inserting the disk no more trouble than, say, an audio CD.

Djohn 17:18 08 Sep 03

In the initial set-up you are given the option to run from CD, or to install full program to the hard drive. If you go into control panel/add/remove programs, highlight Autoroute and click on "Change", you may be able to alter from there. If not, then the best option is to un-install and on re-installing, look for the on-screen message asking if you want to install full program to your drive.That's the option I chose. Regards. j.

holly polly 17:20 08 Sep 03

click here
try this added advantage nothing on hdd and scan in out find it much better than autoroute and its upto date-hol pol...

bremner 17:21 08 Sep 03

My posting works for Autoroute 2000 which does not give you the option on Install from the disk, to install the full package to the hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…