Installing AOL 7 in XP causing program to hang.

Hitman codename 47 22:30 02 Jan 03
  Hitman codename 47 22:30 02 Jan 03

Hi all

Went to install AOL 7 onto XP as an exisitng account. Installs AOL fine onto the PC but after it detects the modem and goes to dial for the "numbers to dial" for when I actually log on to AOL it seems to hang and I just get a "not responding" response from the AOL program.

Does anyone have any ideas what i am doing wrong or is there another AOL program i should be using instead.

Thanks all and happy new year

Philip2 00:03 03 Jan 03

If you are using a Smartlink modem it will not work with AOL 7 unless you download new drivers.
If you install AOL in XP disable your antivirus i would uninstall and start again then do a search after boot up and delete any AOL files

Hitman codename 47 20:21 04 Jan 03

does anyone have any other suggestions. I have tried what Philip2 suggested but to luck.

Thanks in advance

Alan-277820 23:17 04 Jan 03

yep had same problem had to borrow a HSP56mr pci modem,
Put that on and dial up and then update drivers for xp to get it to work.
I now use ISDN and guess what had to do the same with that.
I am now using AOL8Beta and no problems in that department.
hope this will help

Hitman codename 47 16:06 06 Jan 03

:-(

Michael-333771 17:18 06 Jan 03

Hi Hitman,

Sorry about your problems. I am using AOL 7 with XP having upgraded from Win ME. No difficulty except I had to remove ZoneAlarm and Norton Internet security software. Antivirus is OK but must be disabled when AOL 7 is first installed.

If you don't get a resolution to your problem, so can't dial up AOL 'Help' telephone AOL. Help is free, fast and efficient. At least, that's the way I've found it to be.

Best of luck

Hitman codename 47 16:43 07 Jan 03

thank you Catscan, disabled Zonealarm and it installed fine, allowed me to select the dial up numbers etc.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…